March 4 | 7:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Cincinnati Cyclones & Zoo Unveil Hippo Night Jersey
Special Fiona Bobblehead Four Pack Also Released
Cincinnati, OH – The Cincinnati Cyclones have unveiled their one-night alternate identity for Hippos Night at Heritage Bank Center on Saturday, March 4. The partnership with the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden marks the fourth year the team has swapped names with a local landmark; previous pairings include: Flying Pig Marathon, Kings Island and Skyline Chili.
The jersey was designed by Cyclones graphic designer, Matt Scheer, with input from the zoo’s marketing team. The jersey features:
- Purple and white color palette with turquoise accents
- An illustrated hippo chomping through a hockey stick as the crest
- Subdued watermarked plant frond details
- The Cyclones’ and Cincinnati Zoo’s primary logos on the shoulders with an additional zoo patch on the chest
- Purple numbers and nameplate
Game-worn jerseys will be up for auction throughout the game via the Handbid app. The auction will end ten minutes after the conclusion of the game.