2019 World Cup Village
THE BANKS TO HOST CINCINNATI’S OFFICIAL 2019 WOMEN’S WORLD CUP VIEWING VILLAGE PRESENTED BY FOX 19 NOW
All US Women’s National Team games to be aired on big screen; First three game times and dates are set
Street to be closed for family-friendly events featuring food, drink, music and activities
Don’t miss Cincinnati’s official gathering place to watch the US Women’s National Team defend their World Cup title – all happening at The Banks.
The month-long celebration at the Banks will include street parties every time US Women play, where Freedom Way will be closed between Great American Ballpark and Walnut Street. ALL U.S. matches will be shown on the giant video screen hanging from the Reds Hall of Fame.
- Youth play and adult tournaments on two giant inflatable soccer fields from Cincinnati Sports Leagues
- Sweet treats from the Official Ice Cream of the Village, Graeter’s Ice Cream — served up from their mobile ice cream scoop truck
- Victory celebrations with free coney handouts from Official Chili Skyline
- Every minute of the action on the big screen from Fox 19 Now
- Special Women’s World Cup T-Shirt Package, presented by NOCO, The Banks and FOX19
Purchase the ticket package and receive a limited edition t-shirt and a ticket to a future 2019 Reds game! Packages start as low as $20! For details visit Reds.com/WorldCup (see photo of Tshirt below)
- Food, drink and shopping from all the bars, restaurants and retailers at the Banks
SCHEDULE: The first games and street parties are scheduled as follows:
- Tuesday, June 11 – US vs Thailand @ 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. (kickoff at 3 p.m.)
- Sunday, June 16 – US vs. Chile @ 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (kickoff at NOON and Reds home vs. Texas, 1:10PM)
- Thursday, June 20 – US vs. Sweden @ 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. (kickoff at 3 p.m.)
Additional times and dates will be confirmed once the group play commences and the knockout round dates are scheduled.
The month-long celebration at the Banks will include multiple different street parties, where Freedom Way will be closed between Great American Ball Park and Walnut Street. All US Women’s National Team matches will be shown on the giant video screen hanging from the ballpark. Beer, wine and soft drink will be available for purchase along with food from all the bars and retailers at the Banks (complete list below).
In between the street parties, fans and rooting groups are encouraged to gather at the Banks host bars, who will be showing almost all the action from the Women’s World Cup and offering specials throughout the month.
Partnering once again with the event are the Cincinnati Reds. In addition to providing the video wall on the side of the Reds Hall of Fame and Museum, the Reds will also hand out a limited number of special edition Reds soccer t-shirts at the street parties with the purchase of a ticket voucher package.
The family-friendly events will feature free kids’ soccer clinics and other activities to be announced.